Troy Young has over 20 years experience in the financial services industry. A significant portion of that time was with two of the nations largest financial service firms. His career work also included an advisory position with Financial Planning Advisory Services (FPAS).
For the past eleven years Troy has been providing wealth management in private practice as an independent financial advisor through Destiny Financial Group.
Troy Young holds a variety of financial certifications including a BBA in Accounting from Howard University. He is also a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and Certified Kingdom Advisor. He holds the Series 7, 63 and 65 securities registrations and rounds out his Personal CFO approach to comprehensive financial planning with licenses in Life Insurance, Health Insurance and Variable Annuities.
A native Floridian, Troy and his wife of over 20 years currently reside in the Metropolitan Atlanta area. They have 2 beautiful kids, one son one daughter.
Registrations and Licenses
- Series 7 (General Securities)
- Series 63 (Blue Sky)
- Series 65 (Investment Advisor)
- Life, Health, Variable Annuity licenses
Professional Degrees & Certifications
- Licensed Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Investment Advisor Representative
- Bachelors Degree Business, Howard University
- Certified Kingdom Advisor, CKA®
Troy's community activities include serving as Elder at his church, membership in Omega Psi Ph Fraternity, Board Member of Starlight Children's Foundation(Chair of the Finance Commitee) and Board Member of Girls Inc of Georgia. Additionally, he enjoys golf, running and literature.
- *Cerfified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. owns the cerifications marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ and federally registered CFP® (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP® Boards's initial and ongoing certification requirements.